Hoy te recomiendo...

Por vuestras cartas de amor

"No te dejaré, ni te desampararé" (Jos. 1:5) Por vuestras cartas de amor siempre encuentro consuelo cuando me rodea el te...

jueves, 22 de febrero de 2018

Oh, Dorian


You said you loved me
and seemed a decent man,
promised we'd marry,
but you locked me out
while you feasted with the devil
selling your soul to the games.
You wanted nothing but a whore
at your beck and call.

I tried to convince myself
that I loved your face
but your picture in my attic
looked like someone else.
His eyes could commit murder
just to get his own way,
his crooked grin
showed he knew no remorse.

Oh, Dorian,
you played with my heart.
Now I know who you are.
I drown like an Ophelia.

You came back calling,
but never confessed to your sins.
I slammed the door in your face,
and for some reason it hurt.
Your arrogance cried
"I know you still love me"
but your picture in my attic
was drilling my brain.

I ran upstairs
and stared the truth in the face,
couldn't help but feel repulsed
by your tainted flesh.
It became all too clear,
I tore the canvas in rage
and set fire to the house
but I can't shake off your lies.

Oh, Dorian,
you played with my heart.
Now I know who you are.
I drown like an Ophelia.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario